Tuesday, September 7, 2010

US Open Update

Well I am still here at the open, and I haven't forgotten to post on the blog, but because I have been on show courts I have been leaving the site at 11pm for the most part, so I have decided not to post. The past few days I have been on grandstand, except two days ago, I was on Armstrong for the Murray match, and yesterday I was on court 11, where 3 of the 4 quarterfinals in mixed doubles was there. Today, I am on Armstrong where we have 2 men's 4th round matches and 2 quarterfinal men's doubles matches.

Also, yesterday was the awards meeting for officials. I am honored and privileged to announce I received the Jack Stahr award. This award is given to an umpired who is in their first three years at the open in recognition of hard work, professionalism, technical ability and cooperative attitude. It recognizes outstanding work primarily as a line umpire. I am very honored to have received this award.

4 comments:

Todd said...

Attaboy Gregory!

Matt said...

I'm proud of ya buddy! Really I am.

But for the love of all things academic, spell check! (honored, privileged)

Unknown said...

Great job!

Jennifer Meister said...

way to go, Greg!