Sunday, September 12, 2010

Final US Open Recap for 2010

Well it was an exciting year for the US Open. Being in New York City for three weeks was quite the experience. It all started with qualifying where the good news started being put on serve. Then came main draw. 1st Monday night I was on Ashe with Federer, and won my first Hawkeye challenge. From there I was on Grandstand and Armstrong a lot of the tournament. The good news kept on coming when the following Monday I was Awarded the Jack Stahr Award. I will never forget the Djokavic match where I was challenged 4 times and won all 4 challenges (I sound like Al Bundy, he had 4 touchdowns in one game back in high school). When all was said and done I was extended to the final weekend and put on the women's final. For those of you who watched I was on a baseline so I was probably hardly seen. Stepping on the court on the final of a Slam, with a 25,000 person stadium packed full was truly a memory I will have forever.

The most rewarding experience though was stepping onto the court for my first wheelchair match. These athletes are amazing at what they do and it was very humbling to be on court with them.

All in all it was a great experience, got to see some old friends, and made new friends. The experiences I had at this open far exceeded the experiences that I had at last years, and hopefully they will keep on coming for years to come.

No comments: