Tuesday, August 24, 2010

US Open Qualies Day 1

Well the first day of qualies is over, and the Open is off to a very wet start. We started the morning off with a meeting at 9am and then it was off to court, the first matches started at 11. I was assigned one of the service line people for my crew today, which was very exciting, since last year I was near side only. Also, I was on Court 10 which is one of the show courts.

Unfortunately, I only spent about one full rotation on the court because of the rain. We were on and off all day, and we did not finish all the matches, which will make the day tomorrow a lot longer. With that being said, tomorrow there is also a chance of the wet stuff so it will be very interesting to see what will happen. I do have another meeting at 9am tomorrow, with all the first and second year umpires. And again an 11 o-clcok start. Stay tuned for more updates from the open.

No comments: