Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Update

Here we go everyone just thought I would give an update on this summer before I start my daily updates from the Open next Tuesday. I have been all around, starting in Rochester, New York. Rochester went really well, and I actually got to chair my first professional semi-final. Also, in Rochester, we had a late start one day so another umpire and myself went to Niagra Falls, the first time I have ever been there. From there I went to Pittsburgh, a pro event that I have been fortunate enough to be going to since my first year of officiating. After Pittsburgh, I travelled to Lexington, Kentucky and Decatur, Illinois. From Decatur I went to Cincinnati for the WTA event as a linesperson. After Cinci, I went north to Kalamazoo, Michigan for another tournament I have been fortunate enough to go to since the beginning of my officiating career. This year however, I was fortunate enough to be selected to be the chair umpire for the Boys 18's National Championship Match, the winner gets a wild card to the US Open Main Draw! It was an honor to be selected to be in the chair for this match. The match was really a good way to end my "summer tour."

Also, during my adventures, I received notice that I will be attending the ITF Level 2 Chair School in Toronto, to hopefully become a white badge chair umpire.

Now I am home for a week, until Monday when I go to the US Open until September 9th. Hopefully I perform well enough to get extended to the end. Keep your eye on the OUSOA blog for daily updates from the Open.

Aworth

No comments: