Monday, August 31, 2009

US Open Update 5

Hello all, hope you got a chance to take a look at the pictures, I hope to put more on later in the week. Today was the first day of the main draw. I was on court 16t and I had one men's match and two women's matches.
Giovanni Lapentti (ECU) v. Simon Greul (GER)
Melinda Czink (HUN) v. Mario Elena Camerin (ITA)
Michelle Lacher De Brito (POR) v. Mathilde Johansson (FRA)

The men's match took five sets to decide. All in all it was a pretty laid back day, I won't say they were easy but, pretty low key. The crowd was amazing, especially during the five setter, the court was surrounded with people, and the energy was great.

Tomorrow we are in for a little treat. At 9:30am the chief umpire is bringing in Violette Palmer, NBA referee. That should be fun, and then the day's matches start at 11am. Maybe tomorrow I will be on a TV court, but who knows.

-Aworth

No comments: