Tuesday, August 25, 2009

US OPEN Update 1

Well today was my first day of work at the open. I arrived in New York around 8:30am yesterday, and got to the hotel around 9:30. Myself and a few other officials took the subway over to the National Tennis Center and got my uniform and credentials. That night I went with all the mid-west officials to a BBQ place called Virgil's for dinner.

Today we had a meeting for all umpires at 9am. We went over just standard information like any other morning meeting for officials. From there we looked at the crew sheets to see where I was working. I was assigned to crew 2 on court 12. All in all it was a good day, it felt really good after making that first close call. All my courts' matches were pretty routine, and we got our four matches done pretty quick, and actually got assigned a fifth. We got done around 7pm which was nice.

Tomorrow there is a meeting for all first and second year umpires at 9am and matches start at 11. I will give another update tomorrow, and maybe throw some pictures on here.

-Aworth

No comments: