Monday, September 7, 2009

US OPEN Update 10

Well every, this is my last US Open update, I was glad to hear a lot of people kept up with my posts, so thank you. My last two days at the open were fun long days. Both days I was put on Stadium Court 4 where I mostly had main draw doubles. It was a lot of fun and I got to see some great tennis. On Saturday, I did receive my first overrule. That was a little disappointing, I was hoping to go the whole time I was there without one, but it did not happen. Also, Saturday night was our umpires party at the hotel. Lets just say the food was great, and the beverages were better! On

Sunday, I did receive a little bit of a promotion I guess you can call it, because I was put on the far sideline. This is unheard of for newbies to be put over there. Normally we have to stay on the near sideline or baseline in case we mess up so the chair can easily cover for us. Needless to say being put on the far side was a highlight of my tournament.

Again, thank you all for your support during my time at the Open, and soon I will be posting clinic information for the upcoming quarter.

-Aworth

No comments: